- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread the chopped nuts in a single layer in a pan and toast them in the oven for 8 to 10 min, turning them with a spoon from time to time. Watch carefully for any sign of burning.
- In a heavy 2-quart pan, combine the honey and sugar and, stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- When the syrup reaches 220 F, lower the heat and stir in the nuts.
- Brush the inside of an 8” to 9” round pie tin or pan with cold water and pour in the nut mixture.
- Smooth the top and set aside, uncovered, to cool.
- When firm, dip the pan into hot water and invert a flat plate on top.
- Grasping the two firmly together, turn over; the candy should slide out in one piece.
- With a sharp knife dipped in hot water, cut into square shapes.