Zesty Summer Refreshment. Ingredients:
- 8 cups filtered water
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh Ginger Root, minced
- 1/2 cup Cucanat sugar.
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- ½ cup Lime Juice
- Make a “wort” for the Ginger Ale by placing 3 cups of the water, minced Ginger Root, Sucanat and Salt in a saucepan and bringing to a boil.
- Simmer the mixture for about five minutes until Sucanat is dissolved and mixture starts to smell like ginger.
- Remove from heat and add additional water. This should cool it but if not, allow it to cool to room temperature before moving to the next step.
- Add fresh Lime Juice Transfer to a 2 quart glass mason jar with an air-tight lid.
- Stir well and put lid on.
- Leave on the counter for 2-3 days until carbonated. Watch this step carefully. Using whey will cause it to ferment more quickly. It should be bubble and should “hiss” like a soda when the lid is removed. This is very temperature dependent and the mixture may need to be burped or stirred during this fermentation time on the counter.
- Transfer to refrigerator.
- Strain before drinking.